Multi Agency Learning, Training & Development Programme 2020-2021
These are the priorities of the Multi Agency Learning and Development Group (MALDG). The first 5 are the Business Plan Priorities of the LSCP(B)s of LLR. The further 4 priorities were collated through the training needs analysis.
- The Voice of the Child including their lived experience.
- Mental Health of Children & Young People – including Suicide
- Domestic Abuse
- Communications - Safeguarding training at different levels
- Essential Awareness
- Working Together/Inter-agency working
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
- Business as Usual
- Development, delivery and evaluation of this Training Programme
- Responding to additional Learning Needs/Actions coming from National & Local Reviews (generic & specific), and procedure changes/updates
- Contextual Safeguarding
- Child Exploitation (including CSE, County Lines, Gangs, Trafficking and knife crime)
- Neglect (including Adolescent neglect)
- Additional Vulnerabilities of children (such as disability, drug use, English as a second language)
This year we have expanded our offer to include safeguarding across the tiers, recognising that early intervention can reduce the need for safeguarding services in a higher tier. To support this, we have developed the Learning, Training and Development (LTD) Offer.
Learning (L) - To support and reinforce there will be a learning offer which will consist of short videos, webinars, live blogs and documents that staff can access from the LSCP(B) websites.
Training (T) - To upskill and engage there will be training on a variety of pertinent topics and themes of safeguarding from early help through to child protection.
Development (D) - To inspire and enthuse, development opportunities will be created and offered to staff who want to increase their own knowledge, and have new experiences and challenges.
Neglect (including adolescent neglect)
Additional Vulnerabilities of children (such as disability, drug use, English as a second language)
Feedback from national and local Reviews (general and specific), and procedure changes/updates.
You can now follow us to see our professional learning videos and news
on YouTube: LLR Safeguarding Children Partnerships - YouTube
and Twitter: LLR SCPs Training